Photography by Erin Walker

Grand Anse Beach, St George, Grenada

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Fabulous Life: SGU "SO" (Significant Other)

This is pretty much how my week goes...

Babysitting Oliver
M/W/F 9:00 – 11:30 am

We play with toy construction trucks and shovels on Grand Anse Beach for a few hours while his mom takes a local yoga class, grocery shops, etc..



Grand Anse Beach
T/W/F 1:00 – 5:00 pm

When the beach is literally just steps from your home, you tend to spend every free moment there! Plus Wednesday is Beach Day for the SOs. We hang out by Garfield’s, a bar right on the beach!
Most of my SO friends say "I try to go to the beach at least once a week."  I try to go at least once a day!

Pool Day at the swanky University Club
M/Th 1:00 – 4:00 pm

I take one bus to the main campus at True Blue and catch another bus to L'ance Aux Epines, where the final stop is the swanky University Club.  Students don't get to enjoy this luxury.  The University Club is a resort where visiting professors stay, complete with bar service while you're in the pool...who am I to resist such a luxury?!






Laundry
W/Th 5:00 – 6:30 pm

The biggest pain here is doing laundry at the dorm laundry facility. It’s really sketchy and you never know which washer and dryers work, or when something might catch on fire or electrocute you. Keeps me on my toes! I also offer a wash, dry and fold service for others in our dorm for $20 EC per load (about $8 US).

Cooking dinner for CW
M/T/W/Th/F 6:45 – 7:30 pm

Food I make: Eggplant Parmesan, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Chicken Lo Mein, Burritos of all kinds, Mac and Cheese…
The groceries here are limited, as is my general willingness to cook...Match made on heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment